As the situation around COVID 19 continues to evolve, we wanted to reassure our customers and remind them of the steps we take to enforce good hygiene.
Coinadrink is proud to distance ourselves from our competitors in that we sanitise all contact parts of your machine here on our premises. This is so we can give parts a thorough clean to ensure they are safe to be used as part of your machine.
We do this without causing any downtime to our customers and replace them with fresh, sanitised parts during our visit to your site. This peace of mind is always welcomed, though especially in current circumstances regarding COVID 19.
Below you will find the detailed steps to our in-house procedure our staff must follow.
- Kits for each route operator are received into the hygiene area in a black plastic bag.
- Each kit is individually packaged in a clear plastic bag these are sorted by the Hygiene Regulator.
- Each clear bag lists machine number, machine type and kit number.
- Place each kit into a bucket containing a solution of fairy liquid, measured dose of Hypo 10 and water.
- Separate kit parts ensuring all parts and pipes are clean.
- Remove any badly stained parts or pipes and soak overnight in a solution of Deepio, Hypo 10 and water.
- Replace any missing parts or pipes and mark kit bag to indicate parts were missing or required replacing.
- Transfer to plastic tray ready for washing. (ensure tray is covered by wire basket).
- To start the dishwasher pull the handle down this will also release a measured dose of Aquatec washing solution.
- The basket then undergoes a timed cleaning cycle through the dishwasher (4mins approx).
- When the cycle is finished all parts are checked, counted and placed to drain.
- The clean parts are then placed back into a clear bag.
- Remove kit to the computer and enter the kit number.
- Press F6 to enter the kit cleaning screen and press Y or N to indicate whether all kit parts were returned and select grade of kit by marking with an X. (kits are graded from very poor to very good).
- A new kit label is then generated and this is attached to the kit bag.
- Clean kits are loaded back into a black bag together with a kit schedule.
- To print a kit schedule press F3 on the kit cleaning screen, select option 54 then enter.
- The kit schedule information includes Route number, name of operator and kits for week selected.
If you have any questions regarding our in-house procedure, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01922 640777 and a member of our team we will gladly assist.