After what seems like only 5 minutes since last year’s event, Black Friday has returned with a bang. Express Refreshments has welcomed this shopping phenomenon with open arms, but probably not in the way you’d expect. Black Friday doesn’t have to be all about sales and discounts. Just like last year, we are working closely with our Micro Market customers to support each of their chosen charities through product sales. Together, we will help make a difference to some fantastic organisations.
A charitable twist to Black Friday!
If you’re racking your brains wondering where you’ve seen this sort of thing before, you won’t have far to look. Exactly one year ago we did the very same thing, in what was then the first time. We figured that the Micro Market’s popularity amongst our customers was a good opportunity to support charity, so we pledged to donate 10p per sale to each of our customers’ chosen charities for one week. Charity work is already a big part of what we do, it’s engrained into our DNA, so we thought we’d use Black Friday to try something different to what you’d usually see advertised online and on TV.
And boy was it a success. We managed to raise an excellent £262.40 for Douglas MacMillan, Focus, James Hopkins Trust and The National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society (NASS). But whilst that was impressive, why can’t we do even better this year? The promotion began on Friday 22nd and will run until this Friday 29th. We once again consulted closely with our customers to identify which charities meant the most to them, and so forth which ones will be the focus of our support as a team. They include:
- Founded in 1992.
- UK’s first childhood bereavement charity.
- A place where every child can receive support when a loved one passes.
- Founded in 1979.
- Provide integrative care for everyone living with cancer before, during and after treatment.
- Aim to enrich the lives of cancer sufferers.
- Provides housing and support for young people in London.
- They strive to end youth homelessness.
- Run their services seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Founded in 1973, caring for 315 patients in their first year.
- Their vision is to be admired as a centre of excellence for palliative and end of life care.
- Aim to ensure their patients receive the best quality of life.
So, there you are. 10p from every sale will be donated to these five organisations, from last Friday right up until this Friday. Our customers are proudly on board with what we’re trying to achieve, so here is hoping that we can really turn Black Friday on its head and beat last years’ figure.
UPDATE: The Black Friday promotion has now commenced and we’re delighted to say that we have raised a total of £250.10 across all of our Micro Market’s. Breaking this down, together we have managed to donate £71.40 for Douglas Macmillan, £38.80 for Centre Point and £72.80 split between Winston’s Wish and Penny Brohn. It is yet to be decided where the other £67.10 will go, as one of our customers are still selecting their charity.
Well done to everyone involved!
10-11, Maple Leaf Industrial Estate, Bloxwich Ln, Walsall WS2 8TF