Coronavirus – Update 24th March 2020
As announced by our Prime Minister the country will now enter a lock down period. We understand that the measures and restrictions will affect a number of our customers by resulting in temporary closures or placing tighter restrictions on those that can continue to trade.
Coinadrink Ltd continue to operate as normal as possible through this period, providing our usual high level of service to our customers who are providing essential goods and services to the UK. Please remember that we place a massive emphasis on hygiene and by allowing us on site you are ensuring the vending machines we service stay fully sanitised and safe for use.
We are receiving requests from customers as to what we are doing to minimise the risk of the disease spreading. The following updates the advice given to all our staff in the February Business Update, on the 6th March, on 17th March and on 24th March 2020
The following procedures must be followed by EVERYBODY whilst at Coinadrink Ltd offices or on site at one of our valued customers;
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with hot water and soap for at least 20 seconds. Hand gel is an acceptable substitute. You must do this when you arrive at a customer’s premises and before you service the equipment. Failure to do this can have serious consequences.
- Use either hand dryers or disposable towels to wipe your hands. No common use towels can be used. Coinadrink supplied torque roll is also acceptable.
- If you blow your nose, sneeze or cough try to catch this with a tissue but you can catch it on your sleeve.
- Observe any specific instructions that a customer has relative to their premises over and above the basic washing of hands.
- Try to avoid close contact with other people particularly if they are sick.
- If you develop any of the following symptoms: a persistent cough, difficulty in breathing or a fever you must self-isolate for 14 days.
- Always observe the social distancing protocol of 2 meters (6 feet).
What can you, our customers do to help?
We realise that not all our customers receive an operated service. There are many that rent machines from us such as tabletop hot drinks machines, InCup machines, water coolers and boilers. We will still be offering service support where possible but there are measures you can take to assist.
- For operated customers continue to let us on site to fill and clean your machines to our strict hygiene standards.
- For rental customers, keep on top of the regular machine cleaning processes that you follow. Use food safe cleaning products to keep the outside, customer facing parts of the machine as clean as possible. Pay attention to selection buttons, dispense areas, taps and any payment systems.
- Keep us informed of any changes or updates from your business so we can react accordingly, and we will do the same in return.
- Please keep a minimum of 2 meters (6 feet) distance from our operators or engineers whilst on site filling and cleaning the vending machines.
The nature of our service is that it is provided by people on our customer’s business premises, which we cannot do remotely. During the lock down period we will continue to service the machines of our customers who are still trading and offering valuable products and services to the public.
We are unique in the vending industry as we supply our staff with sanitised exchange hygiene kits for contact parts, in sealed bags. These are processed through our on-site Food Hygiene Sterilisation Facility. This protects the parts from the risk of disease being spread through unhygienic practises. Not one of our competitors does this.
During the run up to Brexit we built up substantial stocks of ingredients in the event of a no deal scenario causing us any issues. The outcome had minimal impact on our supply chain, so we have significant stock in our warehouse and importantly, our suppliers are indicating that they have adequate stocks to see us through another 3 months. We are as a precaution ‘over ordering’ from our suppliers.
We will continue to follow closely all the measures the government introduces and implement them as appropriate. All visits to our site have been postponed and face to face meetings have been changed to phone or video calls. The same applies to our sales and customer care teams.
Remote working is now fully established for our office support, sales and customer care teams. They are still all contactable via their usual e-mails and phone numbers and working to our usual high standards regarding support and advice. Only essential employees are working from our offices. Our priority is the welfare and safety of our staff, their families, their friends and our customers and their family, friends and colleagues.
Challenging times for all of us, but we will get through them as we have always done and come out the other side stronger for the experience.
If you require any more specific details or assistance, please speak to our service desk team 01922 725577.
Updated 24th March 2020.