Let us re-introduce you to Simran Salan, who joined Coinadrink Limited a few years on an ongoing Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship Level 6 (CMDA). Last time we spoke to Simran it was three months ago, and she was really enjoying what was expected of her.
We have now caught up with her again to get her latest thoughts. We asked how the apprenticeship was continuing to develop amongst the challenges that Covid-19 has brought, such as whether she can distinguish a positive difference to her both professionally and personally since she started.
1. It has been another three months since we last spoke to you! How is your apprenticeship continuing to develop?
My apprenticeship is going well – I have now started second year and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I received good grades during year 1 due to the help and support from university and Coinadrink.
2. Your apprenticeship has continued throughout the pandemic. How has the organisation and Coinadrink adapted to suit you throughout?
Flexible learning has been offered, such as being able to work from home. I am able to voice any concerns I have and these will be dealt with accordingly. The pandemic was extremely difficult to work through, however Coinadrink worked well to accommodate this through 24/7 support and flexible working.
3. What is the most interesting module or task that you have completed to date? Can you tell us a bit about what you had to do?
The most interested module I had to complete was my multiple-choice business finance module as I had to take an exam (which I wasn’t too keen about!). I was moved into the Finance department, and although I thought I wasn’t going to enjoy it I have found this to be a real eye opener and really enjoyed it. I am still working in the department and now work between departments doing multiple tasks.
4. Go back to when you first started your apprenticeship. Would you say the course has had a positive impact on you, both professionally and personally?
Yes, 100%! I have developed my personal and professional skillsets, and I wouldn’t have been able to if it wasn’t for my course and Coinadrink. One of the main things I have benefitted from would be my communication with my colleagues as I was very quiet before. Now I am very comfortable and I’m able to speak to others well.
5. Any further comments regarding your course. For example, is your overall experience positive and are you glad you enrolled?
I am so happy and grateful for my course and the fact that I enrolled because it has had a positive impact on my life. It is providing both experience and theoretical learning to give me the best start in my career. What more could you ask for? Coinadrink has gone above and beyond for me to do this course and to progress to the best of my ability.
Apprenticeship updates throughout the week from Coinadrink Limited.
Coinadrink has long had a successful apprenticeship programme in place, and we introduce a lot of people to the company via this route. Investing in the potential of our staff is what we pride ourselves on and is just one of the reasons why we have recently reclaimed our Investors in People Gold accreditation.
10-11, Maple Leaf Industrial Estate, Bloxwich Ln, Walsall WS2 8TF