You were first introduced to Alistair Ward, Coinadrink Limited’s Digital Marketing Specialist, back in February for National Apprenticeship Week 2021. Alistair had only just enrolled on his sales apprenticeship course back then, before sharing an update of how it was progressing three months later.
Three months down the line again, we caught up with him again to see if there is anything else he is able to share. To date, the entire course has taken place during the ongoing pandemic, so we were particularly keen to explore how he has dealt with this challenge and alternative ways of working and studying.
1. It has been another three months since we last spoke to you! How is your apprenticeship continuing to develop?
I think it’s going well. I have now a study routine that works for me, outside of the virtual training sessions that take place around once a month. This has helped me keep on top of things better, with both my sales course and my role here at Coinadrink.
2. You of course started your apprenticeship during the pandemic, a very tough time. How has the organisation and Coinadrink adapted to suit you throughout?
Our sales course is online anyway, so there has been no disruption to our learning. Even though we have been home and hybrid working throughout the pandemic, it has still been extremely easy to keep in touch with our colleagues through instant messaging and video calls. This has made it easy to seek support if it is needed.
3. What is the most interesting module or task that you have completed to date? Can you tell us a bit about what you had to do?
I think module 1 was the most insightful for me. It was really going back to basics in identifying who your target market is and how to stand out through your marketing content and one-to-one discussion, whether that’s in person, on the phone, or online. This has helped me to develop a clearer understanding in my own role here at Coinadrink.
4. Go back to when you first started your apprenticeship. Would you say the course has had a positive impact on you, both professionally and personally?
Yes, definitely. I work in marketing here at Coinadrink but with sales closely intertwined with my department, it has helped me understand the sales process from an alternative angle. It has really helped me when marketing our products and services, whether that’s through the website, email campaigns or social media.
5. Any further comments regarding your course. For example, is your overall experience positive and are you glad you enrolled.
I’m really glad I enrolled. To begin with it was very daunting as I’ve never been involved with sales before now, but I soon found my feet and it’s really helped me both personally and professionally. I am looking forward to future modules.
Apprenticeship updates throughout the week from Coinadrink Limited.
Coinadrink Limited will be sharing the latest updates from staff undergoing apprenticeships throughout the week. We are proudly Investors in People Gold accredited, which means we continually go the extra mile for our staff. Investing in their potential throughout apprenticeships and training courses is one aspect of that support.
10-11, Maple Leaf Industrial Estate, Bloxwich Ln, Walsall WS2 8TF