Cold drinks have always been popular, never more so than at this time of year when temperatures climb higher than ever. Despite this they’ve always held a place in our hearts no matter the season and with exciting new varieties such as Iced and handmade beverages becoming available to us, their well favoured status looks set to extend further. Take a read below about a few facts and figures on the cold beverage;
- The total turnover for iced beverage sales across the entire coffee shop industry was estimated at £244m in 2014, accounting for 3.6% of total turnover!
- 10 years ago, iced beverages appealed to the ages 16-24. In 10 years time, it will be 16-44.
- Iced and cold beverages are no longer simply for the summer. The key months for blended drinks is now May – September which is much longer than it ever has been in the past.
- Handmade drinks appeal to customers who are willing to pay more to customise.
- Higher sales share evident in chains offering freshly handmade iced beverages (15%) vs off-the-shelf pre-prepared (5%)
Ice cold drinks now clearly extend further than typical soda’s such as Coca Cola. The variety that you can choose from is simply staggering and there are many premium, tasty options to go for.
©Allegra & Beyond the Bean: UK Iced Beverage Market – Strategic Analysis 2014